Propagating peppermint and lemon verbena – UPDATE




As you can see from the picture, my peppermint and lemon verbena propagation has come a long quite well. I did have a little aphid infestation on the peppermint plant which I attempted to take care of with manual pinching, but eventually I gave up and chopped off the top off the plant. I then followed up with a hefty dose of insecticidal soap to the soil and the remaining stem. I would have preferred an even more natural method such as ladybugs but sure my officemates would prefer I didn’t.

The lemon verbena did pretty well on its own with one exception I think I mistakenly broke or cut the top off the plant so there was no vertical growth and just crazy shoots horizontally so I cut most of these off and replanted to 3 new starts which have taken off as well as their parent.

Fall Strawberries

I really like the color of these strawberries I propagated last this summer. I still have to figure out what I am actually going to do with these.

Halloween Berries

My oldest daughter coined the name “Halloween Berries” this name a couple years back as the leaves fall off exposing the hidden berries right at Halloween every year.